5 Focus points for Optimal Health
5 Essentials to focus on for Optimal Health: -
Read through to gain more insight around where to begin for Optimal health, these will also be a great starting point to reach your personal health goals as well.
1 - Sleep -
7 - 8 hours of Quality sleep is recommended
Go for Quality over Quantity.
Try the following to assist your sleep -
- Aim to get up as soon as you wake.
- Deep breathing or short meditations.
- Exposure to early morning light
- Aim not to consume too much caffeine or alcohol.
- Eat your meals at regular intervals.
- Limit device usage close to bedtime.
- Set a bedtime routine that works for YOU.
2. HYDRATION -
Use your urine as an indicator of your hydration status - Aim for clear to light yellow (straw colour).
** Multi-vitamins can change the colour of your urine - utilise bathroom frequency as an idea instead.
Try the following to assist your hydration -
- Have 1-2 glasses of water upon waking to hydrate from overnight.
- Keep an eye on signs of dehydration
Dry mouth, tiredness or fatigue
Darker urine than normal
Feeling dizzy or lightheaded
3. NUTRITION -
Consume a good variety of foods.
Aim for a source of Protein & Fibre in your meals across the day. Include carbohydrates & fats.
Try the following to assist your nutrition
- Aim for colourful fruits & vegetables
- Incorporate wholegrains, legumes, nuts, seeds, meats, fish, seafood & dairy.
- Remember that no foods are off limits
- Find your satiation & satisfaction factor in your meals!
Aim for regular daily movement in a form that YOU enjoy.
Try the following to assist your movement
- Find a form of movement that suits YOU, your current lifestyle & schedule.
- Start with 10 minutes per day and work your way up IF you would like to.
- Remember that movement comes in many different forms.
- Have fun, get creative & enjoy moving.
5. MINDSET & STRESS REDUCTION-
Aim to incorporate strategies that assist in nourishing your mindset & reduce your stress levels.
Try the following to assist your mindset & stress levels-
- Consider mindfulness, movement, breathwork, self-care, self-compassion, self-awareness, daily habits, journaling, setting boundaries & flipping that inner dialogue of unhelpful thoughts.
- Seek the assistance of a professional to assist you through roadblocks.
- Try not to compare your journey to others we are all individuals & experience different roadblocks & wins.
If you would like some help with knowing where to begin to implement any of these or have some roadblocks in your journey please reply HELP to this email and I can certainly touch base for a chat.
Or let me know if you follow these? either way hit reply and have a chat.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon,
Follow us on Facebook & Instagram - insidenouthealthbannockburn
Instagram handle - staceygeracenutrition
For more content around nutrition